The www.RAHRadiology.com WebSite may mention names and information about products of various medical drug or imaging related companies.
Although we may use or recommend these products, there is no direct financial connection between these companies and www.RAHRadiology.com
The information contained on this web site is
not intended to diagnose or treat any existing disease
or ailment. Please note that all contents
of this web site, including any advice, suggestions,
and/or recommendations have NOT been generated as part
of any professional evaluation. No patient has been
examined prior to making these comments; no
professional fee has been charged by or paid to the
entity or persons represented by this web site.
The reader is advised to discuss these comments with
his/her personal physicians and to only act upon
the advice of his/her personal physician. Also note
that concerning an answer which appears as an
electronically posted question, this in no way creates
a physician -- patient relationship. Although
identities will remain confidential as much as
possible, as we can not control the media,
we can not take responsibility for any breaches of
confidentiality that may occur.
Finally, the material produced on this web site may be
reproduced for personal use, provided that appropriate
credit is given; but this material may not be
reprinted or reproduced in any format for any other
These comments and/or products have not been evaluated
by the FDA.
YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SPEAK WITH A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE
TAKING ANY DIETARY, NUTRITIONAL, HERBAL OR HOMEOPATHIC
We do not warrant and shall have no liability for
information provided in this site regarding
recommendations concerning supplements or drugs or
treatments for any and all health purposes. This
information is provided solely as a guideline to be used
when discussing a program with a healthcare professional.
We makes no guarantee or warranty, express or implied,
with respect to any products or services sold, including
any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a
We shall have no liability as a publisher of information
or reseller of any products or vendor services, including,
without limitation, any liability for defective products.
We do not provide any warranties for products manufactured
by independent manufacturers. We are not responsible for
defective merchandise from independent manufacturers.
We will attempt to place the proper warnings concerning
medical product, drug or medical procedure
contraindications throughout this web site, but we may
fail to cover all of this subject matter and therefore,
there may be undisclosed risks.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
As required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
Effective: April 14, 2003
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please read it carefully.
By law Radiology Associates of Hollywood, P.A. (Radiology Associates of Hollywood) is required to take appropriate steps to attempt to safeguard any medical or other personal information that is provided to us.
We are required to:
- Maintain the privacy of medical information provided to us;
- Provide notice of our legal duties and privacy practices; and
- Abide by the terms of our Notice of Privacy Practices.
These regulations will be in effect at all sites where Radiology Associates of Hollywood practices, performs business operations, such as billing and /or support activities, such as transcription. Each of these locations may share information about you for treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
In the ordinary course of receiving treatment and health care services from us, you will be providing us with personal information such as:
Your name, address, and phone number.
Social Security number
Date of birth
Insurance information and coverage.
Doctor(s), nurse or other medical providers.
In addition, we will gather certain medical information about you and will create a record of the care provided to you. Information may also be provided to us by other individuals or organizations that are part of your “circle of care”- such as the referring physician, other doctors, your health plan, and close friends or family members.
Your personal and identifiable health information may be used and disclosed in different ways. We will use and disclose health information:
OTHER USES DISCLOSURES OF HEALTH INFORMATION MAY BE MADE ONLY WITH YOUR AUTHORIZATION OR OPPORTUNITY TO OBJECT.
- For Treatment: To furnish services and supplies to you, in accordance with our policies and procedures. For example, we will use your medical history, such as any presence or absence of heart disease, to assess your health and perform requested ultrasound or other diagnostic services.
- For Payment. To bill for our services and to collect payment from you or your insurance company. For example, we may need to give your insurance company current medical information in order to receive payment for diagnostic or therapeutic radiology services.
- For Health Care Operations. For general operation of our business. For example, we sometimes arrange for accreditation organizations, auditors or other consultants to review our practice, evaluate our operations, and tell us how to improve our services. We may call you by name in the waiting room and your name may appear on a schedule.
- Public Policy Uses and Disclosures. We may disclose health information about you when we are required to do so by federal, state, or local law. We are required to release information to public health and other authorities under certain circumstances. Examples of “public policy” disclosures could include issues related to communicable disease, Health Oversight, abuse /neglect issues, Food and Drug Administration requirements; legal proceedings, law enforcement, coroners, funeral directors, organ donation, research, criminal activity, military and National Security, workers compensation; correctional institutions and Department of Health and Human Services for compliance issues. We will disclose your information to avoid serious threat to the health or safety of the public or an individual. We will make disclosures to you.
- Our Business Associates. We work with outside individuals and businesses who help us operate our business successfully. We may disclose your health information to these business associates so that they can perform the tasks that we hire them to do. Our business associates must guarantee to us that they will respect the confidentiality of your personal and identifiable health information.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Individuals Involved in Your Care or Payment for Your Care. We may disclose information to individuals involved in your care but we will obtain your agreement before doing so. This includes people and organizations that are part of your "circle of care" -- such as your spouse, your other doctors, or an aide who may be providing services to you. Although we must be able to speak with your other physicians or health care providers, you can let us know if we should not speak with other individuals, such as your spouse or family.
- Any information-if you are a minor who has sought treatment for substance abuse or a mental disorder.
- Appointment Reminders. We may use and disclose medical information to contact you as a reminder that you have an appointment or that you should schedule an appointment.
- Treatment Alternatives. We may use and disclose your personal health information in order to tell you about or recommend possible treatment options, alternatives or health-related services that may be of interest to you.
- Fundraising. We may use your protected health information to contact you in an effort to raise funds for our operations.
We are required to obtain written authorization from you for any other uses and disclosures of medical information other than those described above. If you provide us with such permission, you may revoke that permission, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your permission, we will no longer use or disclose personal information about you for the reasons covered by your written authorization. We will be unable to take back any disclosures already made based upon your original permission.
You have the right:
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
- To ask for restrictions on the ways in which we use and disclose your medical information beyond those imposed by law. We will consider your request, but we are not required, to accept it.
- To request that you receive communications containing your protected health information from us by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may ask that we only contact you at home or by mail.
- To inspect and copy medical and billing records about you. However, federal law prohibit disclosure of psychotherapy notes; information compiled in reasonable anticipation of, or use in, a civil, criminal, or administrative action or proceeding, and protected health information that is subject to law that prohibits access. We may charge you a fee for copying and mailing.
- To ask us to correct existing information or correct missing information, if you believe information in your records is incorrect or incomplete. Under certain circumstances, we may deny your request.
- Ask for a list of instances when we have used or disclosed your medical information for reasons other than treatment, payment, health care operations, or disclosures you give us authorization to make. If you ask for this information from us more than once every twelve months, we may charge you a fee.
We reserve the right to make changes to this notice at any time. We reserve the right to make the revised notice effective for personal health information we have as well as any information we receive in the future. In the event there is a material change to this Notice, the revised Notice will be posted. In addition, you may request a copy of the revised Notice at any time.
If you have questions regarding this notice, would like more detailed information or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact Katherine Croghan, Privacy, Security and Compliance Officer for Radiology Associates of Hollywood at:
Radiology Associates of Hollywood, P.A.
9050 Pines Blvd, Suite 200
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
Phone 954-437-4800 Fax: 954-436-8443
The Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services,
200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Room 509F,
HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201